Proven weight loss without surgeryTHE GASTRIC BALLOON
A soft, temporary balloon is placed in your stomach without surgery, where it helps to make you feel fuller for longer.
Combined with a program of expert support from our doctors, nurses and dietitians, it can help you to lose 10-25kg over 18 months.Learn more about the Gastric Balloon
The Non-Surgical alternativeENDOSCOPIC SLEEVE GASTROPLASTY (ESG)
A new, durable weight loss procedure that reduces the size of your stomach, without the need for surgery.
There are no cuts and no hospital stay, making it less invasive and more affordable than weight loss surgery.Learn more about ESG
Australia's leader in non-surgical weight loss
- A team of experts - Doctors, surgeons, nurses, dietitians, exercise physiologists and behavioural psychologists who specialise in weight loss.
- World Leaders - We regularly help train doctors and dietitians from across Australia and the world.
- More than 12 years experience
The Technology to help your journey
- BMI Active enables our team to monitor your weight loss in real time using Wifi Smart Scales other connected devices.
- Integrated Messaging means we can keep you on track with regular tips, tricks and motivational ideas.
- FitBit Integration combines data from your own devices.
Achieving Weight Loss Goals
- We’ve helped thousands of people lose more than 20,000 kg with our innovative, team approach to weight loss.
The BMI Clinic team specialises in non-surgical and surgical weight loss. We combine innovative and minimally-invasive weight loss procedures (like the intragastric balloon) with intensive, evidence-based support programs delivered by a team of experts, to help patients lose their excess weight.
Our Sydney clinic, established in 2005, is the largest of its kind in Australia and our specialist doctors are world leaders in a range of endoscopic (non-surgical) weight loss techniques, including intragastric balloons, and newer techniques such as the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG). We are regularly called upon to train other medical specialists in the use of these innovative techniques.
The BMI team recognises that there is no one-size-fits-all approach in weight loss and as such we regularly utilise a number of different techniques, including:
- Intragastric Balloon (Orbera® & Spatz3®)
- Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)
- Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
- Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve
- Aspire Assist®
To maximise your weight loss, all of our programs include a personalised lifestyle retraining program, supervised by your doctor and a team of clinical experts including nurses, dietitians, exercise physiologists and behavioural coaches who work collaboratively with you to help achieve your weight loss goals.
With programs starting from $6,950, a gastric balloon is an affordable weight loss option for most patients.
Over the past 12 years we have assisted thousands of people lose an average of 10-30kg with a gastric balloon.
Placement (and removal) of the intragastric balloon takes approximately 20 minutes in a day clinic and does not involve surgery - it is considered to be a minimally invasive procedure.
The intragastric balloon remains in the stomach for a period of up to 12 months and is then removed in the same way it was placed.