Swap and save on pizza night
By Christina Ross – Accredited Practising Dietitian
Did you know that a large Crust Supreme Pizza has a whopping 1600 calories? Instead of ordering in this Friday night, why not try homemade Pizza’s instead? This way, you can whip up a delicious meal in the time it’d take you to wait for your home delivery, all while saving yourself 65% of the calories!
Check out our Homemade Supreme Pizza recipe below to create the perfect Friday night “fakeaway”.
Homemade Supreme Pizza
Ingredients for Pizza:
- 2 slices of Lebanese bread
- 4 Tbsp of tomato paste/pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 200g shaved ham off the bone
- 1 cup baby spinach
Ingredients for side salad:
- 4 cups lettuce
- ½ punnet (125g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 2 Tb vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Place the Lebanese bread on a large plate while you assemble the pizza. Spread with sauce, sprinkle with grated cheese and add the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle with a little cheese to finish.
- Place on a wire-rack in the oven so the base cooks properly. Bake for 8-10mins or until the outside is crispy and the cheese browns slightly.
- Whilst the Pizza is in the oven, combine salad ingredients in a salad bowl and toss well. Once Pizza is cooked, serve immediately with side salad and enjoy!