Whether you’re working from home or heading to the office, finding time in the mornings to make a healthy breakfast can be challenging!
But starting your day with a nourishing breakfast has so many benefits, and can set you up for success for the remainder of the day.
Here are 5 quick, easy and delicious breakfast recipes to try this week, that takes less than 5 minutes to create:
- Quick Oats – What could be easier than a 90 second oats sachet? Be sure to choose the traditional unflavoured versions to avoid the extra sugars and calories. Instead, try some of your favourite seasonal fruits eg. berries (TIP: add berries before you microwave so the colour and flavour of the berries infuse into the cooked oats!). Add a teaspoon of honey and some ground cinnamon for a different flavour.
- Ricotta cheese on toast – Low-fat ricotta cheese is a high protein, low calorie spread, and tastes delicious on wholemeal grain toast! Make it sweet and add a teaspoon of honey and ground cinnamon OR make it savoury and slice up a fresh tomato and add with a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Mushroom and tomato omelette – whisk 2 eggs with 1Tb water, season with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, slice 2 mushrooms and halve 4 cherry tomatoes. Spray a non-stick, small pan with olive oil. Heat to medium and add the eggs mixture. Cook for 1 minute then place the mushrooms and tomato on half of the omelette. Flip the other half over the filling to form a semi-circle. Cook until the egg is cooked through flipping once. Serve with a piece of wholegrain toast.
- Formulated Meal Replacement (FMR) – An FMR such as Optifast or Impromy is formulated to be a textbook healthy meal. It contains appropriate amounts of each of the macros as well as vitamins and minerals. Most FMRs are made with water or milk only and use a shaker to ensure there are no lumpy bits!
- Oats, Greek yoghurt and banana – cut 1 small banana in a small bowl and top with ¼ cup traditional rolled oats and ½ cup low-fat Greek yoghurt.