An isolation reading list to keep your health motivations high
By Christina Ross – Accredited Practising Dietitian
Our current collective struggle appears to be how we can keep our health goals front-of-mind while spending all our time at home. With the fridge and couch always nearby, many of our patients share the challenge of maintaining sensible eating patterns, minimising mindless snacking and keeping incidentally active while isolating at home.
If you’ve found your focus slipping and have a few extra hours of downtime at the moment, why not pick up a book to inspire positive lifestyle changes. Whether it’s a book that explains the science behind habit change or one that shares interesting and effective strategies to make your healthy intentions stick, reading on this topic will provide you with ongoing motivation and you will likely pick up a few extra tips to try.
The team at The BMI Clinic team have collated their favourite books to get you started. Whether you order a copy online or download the e-book, we hope you enjoy our health-focused iso reading list:
- Thrive: The third metric to redefining success and creating a life of wellbeing, Arianna Huffington
- Food Rules: An eater’s manual, Michael Pollan
- Better than Before: Mastering the habits of our everyday lives, Gretchen Rubin
- The Decision Book, Mikayla Krogerus and Roman Tschappeler
- Change Your Thinking, Sarah Edelman
- If Not Dieting Then What, Dr Rick Kausman
- The Power of Habit, Charles Duhigg
- The Blue Zones, Dan Buettner
- Atomic Habits, James Clear
- The Diet Myth – The Real Science Behind What We Eat, Tim Spector
- In Defence of Food: An eater’s manifesto, Michael Pollan
Do you have other motivating books to add? We’d love to hear from you, so be sure to share any inspiring or motivating resources on healthy lifestyles you’ve found useful in the comments below.
What to expect on the day of your Endoscopic weight loss procedure By Samantha Melki - Registered Nurse Having a bariatric procedure can be a daunting process, especially if it is your [...]
How to stay on track with exercise during isolation. By David Hawkins, Physiotherapist and Exercise Specialist With the current COVID-19 crisis and imposed social distancing restrictions, gym and other sports’ venue closures, [...]